- Look into template invocation and reducing number of templates invoked
- Look into size of view tree and number of recursions
- Profile building of view for bottlenecks
- Optimized VM arguments
- Pre-built views or groups?
- Compress Data Before Transfer
- minimize java script text size. In looking at jquery code, i noticed that the code is very compressed. small variable names, no whitespace. I assume this is to minimize the footprint. While it does make the code very difficult to read/debug, it would be interesting to see the effect on performance. Consider production/debug option to "pack/unpack" js code.
Test: Book Lookup, 200 records, 6 columns, read-only
Server Form Size
Simple table with client render
Simple table with direct datatables render