|Table of Contents|
- would like to create a maven archetype from what we do with createproject.groovy
- idea is that Travis would do this as a contribution but would like requirements to speed things along
- Jerry and others have attempted to clean this up with and since Rice 2.0
- Erik - Current createproject works on the command line but doesn't get imported into Eclipse with its current version (4)
- Jerry - When you import the project it won't start up due to errors in the project being created.
- Eric - if you don't use the docclass profile it seems to work even though you can't get rid of all the javascipt errors (calendar stuff) and couldn't get the validation to shut off.
- Jerry - seems that the launch script was missing.
- Eric - Eclipse has a WPET (?) tool but the directions are well out of date and should be updated.
- Missing launch scripts, needs to work with latest eclipse, and has a few bugs
- Jerry - seems that it makes you setup everything even if you just want to work on just KRAD
- Claus and Erik need it for the pre-conference workshop as well for KD2012
- What are the basic requirements? Phased approach and when to go with it?
- maven archetype is run from the command line, there are archetypes for everything you want to do basically
- it's a project template setup with options to specify thing
- if you're smart in how you version things, you can download and pull in necessary items to keep things consistent
- Jerry - but it couldn't be interactive?
- seems like it could be done, but not sure
- need to know if you can rerun it to modify the project
- Jessica - there is an interactive mode option. need to find what it does
- Jeff - wouldn't have to start from scratch, could use one that's out there already and modify what's needed
- Eric - Put a maven wrapper around the RDO tool and such that we've created out there without having to check it out online
- Jerry - plug-ins would still just be maven wrappers (MOJOs) around the java code we already have.
- This will all be done on 2.1.x
Here are several examples of different method of using the quickstart archetype. Note in order for the application to startup a database must be configured and running. See Load Impex Data via Maven. Currently if database parameters are not set it defaults to Oracle @ jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE with username and password RICE/RICE
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.kuali.rice -DarchetypeArtifactId=rice-archetype-quickstart -DarchetypeVersion=2.2.0-M4-SNAPSHOT
mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.kuali.rice -DarchetypeArtifactId=rice-archetype-quickstart -DarchetypeVersion=2.2.0-M4-SNAPSHOT -DgroupId=org.foo -DartifactId=bar -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT -Dpackage=org.foo.bar -Ddatasource_ojb_platform=Oracle -Ddatasource_url=jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE -Ddatasource_username=RICE -Ddatasource_password=RICE