Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Kuali Technology Road Map Committee

October 27th, 2010 at 4pm ET 

Date:  Wednesday, October 27th, 2010

Time:  4:00 PM EST

Audio Bridge:  1-219-509-8111

Access Code:  634316

Agenda

  1. Review and Approve Oct. 13th Meeting Minutes - TRC Meeting - October 13th, 2010
  2. Project Resource Updates - Bill, Jessica
  3. Rice Project Status Updates - Jessica
    1. Rice 1.0.3 to release Friday 10/29/10
  4. Version Compatibility Update
  5. KTI Working Group Status Update - Eric
  6. Supported Tomcat/Servlet/JSP Version - Scott
    1. KC request from https://wiki.kuali.org/x/RgDuE
    2. 1.1 Seems like good time to upgrade our supported version
    3. Running into issues supporting older Servlet 2.4/JSP 2.0 versions and implementers moving on to newer app servers
    4. Development needs ability to use features of newer api's
      1. Servlet 2.4, JSP 2.0, etc. = J2EE 1.4 = Tomcat 5.5, JBoss 4
      2. Servlet 2.5, JSP 2.1, etc. = JEE 5 = Tomcat 6, Jetty 6, Jetty 7, JBoss 5
      3. Servlet 3.0 JSP 2.2, etc. = JEE 6 = Tomcat 7, Jetty 8, JBoss 6
  7. New Business - All
    1. Rice KRAD/ j Query  - Jerry 
      1. https://wiki.kuali.org/display/KULRICE/Rice+1.1+-+KRAD+Analysis
      2. https://jira.kuali.org/browse/KULRICE-4629
      3. https://jira.kuali.org/browse/KULRICE-4717
      4. https://jira.kuali.org/browse/KULRICE-4737
      5. https://jira.kuali.org/browse/KULRICE-4728
      6. https://jira.kuali.org/browse/KULRICE-3649
      7. https://jira.kuali.org/browse/KULRICE-4731
      8. https://jira.kuali.org/browse/KULRICE-4731
      9. JQuery - JQuery with KRAD, http://jquery.com/
    2. Kuali Days ARC/TRC F2F https://docs.google.com/a/kuali.org/document/edit?id=13fiz_lvuMeIfqsbztCyZFU0TINPErGqAG2fCOsJCyrI&hl=en#

Participants

Role

Name

Present

Chairman

Bill Yock

y

KFS Rep

Jonathan Keller

y

KFS Rep

Dan Lemus

y

KC Rep

Terry Durkin

y

KC Rep

Sabari Nair


KS Rep

Scott Gibson

y

KS Rep

Leo Fernig


Rice Lead Arch

Eric Westfall

y

Rice Rep

Garey Taylor

y

Rice Rep

Jeremy Hanson

y

Rice Rep

Jerry Neal

y

KFS PM

Jim Thomas


KC PM

Graham Hall

 

KS PM

Dan McDevitt


KS PM

Rajiv Kaushik


Kuali - Cfg

Farooq Sadiq


Kuali - Liason

Zachary Naiman


KC Rep

Geoff Mcgregor


UC Davis Rep

Curtis Bray

y

UW Rep

James Renfro

y

Arizona Rep

James Cramton

 

Cornell Rep

Aaron Hamid

 

UMD Rep

Martin Taylor

y

Kuali Rice PM

Jessica Coltrin

y

UC SD

Dan Siebert

 

Iowa State

Dave Wessels

 

OLE PM

Brad Skiles

 

OLE Director

Robert McDonald

 

Meeting Minutes

Barb Black

y

Meeting Notes



(warning)

1 - Approval of Minutes -


 

2. Resources Update :Jessica Coltrin has accepted the Project Manager position.  The three of the four positions excluding the BA have been filled including an additional developer.  The hiring process now is pending analysis of partner contributions and funding availability prior to continuing there must be more information on where the funding stands with the hiring we have already done.  Interviews are continuing in the meantime so time is not lost.

 

 

3.  Rice Project Status Updates - Jessica

  1. Rice 1.0.3 to release Friday 10/29/10.  This is still on track.

 

 

3. Version Compatibility Working Group Status Update - 
Lattix training coming up.
Eric discussed a plan about service governance of contracts and how that is managed.  There may be some lack of representation on the KTI group.



 

4. KTI Working Group Status Update -
Eric went through the kti representation for projects and confirmed what he had was accurate.  For Student he was not sure if it was David Elyea or Scott Gibson.  He just wants to clarify who should be that person.
Eric will reconfirm with Curtis for UC Davis to confirm it is Emerson*. *
He will also follow up with San Diego and reconsider his position as IU's appointed person.
Dave Wessells may be the person appointed to the KTI for Iowa State.  He will contact Maury and/or Dianne Beckman.
Gary is for Maryland or Scott but okay to leave Garey right now.
Bill wants UW rep to be James.
Offline Eric will contact the TRC reps to zero in on the KTI reps so representation is appropriate because low level technical decisions are made and it will be important that investing partners and projects are represented

  • A link to the last meeting of the KTI is added above in the agenda if anyone wants to review that in detail.

 

 

5. Program Status Update -

 

 

6. Supported Tomcat/Servlet/JSP Version - Scott

  1. KC request from https://wiki.kuali.org/x/RgDuE|x/RgDuE|||\
  2. 1.1 Seems like good time to upgrade our supported version
  3. Running into issues supporting older Servlet 2.4/JSP 2.0 versions and implementers moving on to newer app servers
  4. Development needs ability to use features of newer api's
    1. Servlet 2.4, JSP 2.0, etc. = J2EE 1.4 = Tomcat 5.5, JBoss 4
    2. Servlet 2.5, JSP 2.1, etc. = JEE 5 = Tomcat 6, Jetty 6, Jetty 7, JBoss 5
    3. Servlet 3.0 JSP 2.2, etc. = JEE 6 = Tomcat 7, Jetty 8, JBoss 6

 

 

 

 

 

(b)The motion on the table was to use version 1.1 as the version to upgrade to the supported version.  There was discussion around this and agreed that 1.1 would be the timing.

 

 

(c) There was discussion about the best communication of this decision and it was determined this TRC group was the best place to decide and communicate this type of decision.  There might be a good reason to post things on Rice website that would publicize this type of thing.

 

 

7. Rice KRAD/ j Query  - Jerry
Based on discussions and feedback on KRAD team the j Query seems to be the best way to go. 
James discussed UW's use of Rest but Eric said that it was a separate to this discussion.
The GWT framework perspective is not a problem with j Query after some discussion but there is still research to do for GWT . 103
Bill asked if any members were not on board with adoption of j Query and no one had an issue all voted aye.  Bill stated the adoption was fine but the communication should be handled with care from a GWT perspective and Eric agreed to bring in Student in more discussions offline.

 

 

As a reminder the Agenda for the joint ARC/TRC face to face meeting at Kuali Days is linked and any ideas are welcome that need to be discussed at that meeting.  If anyone cannot make Kuali Days Bill is looking into a Breeze or other connection for members to join remotely.

 

Action Item: 

Decisions

|| Vote Description || Type || Decision || Count ||
| (question) | (vote or consensus) | (pass or fail) | (count) |

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Next Meeting and Proposed Work


  • No labels