Roles and Responsibilities
The KTI is intended to act as a change management group for the Kuali Rice project, as well as a forum for discussing and sharing design work for Kuali Rice (or other project application) functionality. This area of responsibility encompases a few different things:
- Reviewing enhancement requests for Kuali Rice features.
- Reviewing potentially impacting architectural or technical changes to Kuali Rice.
- Discussing technical issues in Kuali Rice or related products and brainstorming solutions for these issues.
- Discussing changes to library dependencies in Kuali Rice.
- Discussing version changes to libraries or 3rd-party dependencies.
- Discussion new libraries or 3rd-party dependencies that Rice or the other Kuali applications are planning to integrate.
- Reviewing API changes to Kuali Rice to ensure that version compatibility is not compromised, as detailed in the document below:
- Review impacting database changes to Kuali Rice.
Obviously, not every single change which is made to the Kuali Rice project can be reviewed by this group, but the team should use their best judgement to decide when something needs to be discussed with this group.
Policies and Procedures
- If a jira needs to be reviewed by this group, it should be flagged with the KTI Review Status of "Pending Review". Once it has been reviewed, this should be switched to "Review Completed".
- If an API change needs to be made to Rice, it should be reviewed by this group as detailed at the bottom of the following document:
- Library version changes and additions to Rice should be reviewed here.
- The group may decide whether or not a decision should be voted on. If voting takes place, the process will be as follows:
- After the meeting, a designated member of the group will be responsible for sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org describing the item being voted on and requesting a vote.
- Members will have until the next KTI meeting to vote (unless it is necessary for the vote to conclude sooner).
- Members will vote by responding to the email with a +1, -1, or +0
- +1 is a vote in favor of the item
- -1 is a vote against the item or a request for more discussion or information about the item, must be accompanied with an explanation
- +0 is a decision to abstain from voting for this particular item and represents the voter's indifference on the item
- During the next meeting votes are tallied and the official decision is recorded and appropriate items are communicated to the TRC.
- The TRC chair should attend this meeting and report decisions made here up to the TRC.
Membership consists of representatives from the Kuali Rice project partners as well as institutional partners.