This week's agenda:
- Making Person first name, last name, etc. lookup case insensitive
- KC has had a request from implementers for this so it is easier for them to find people in the system.
- Performance implications?
- What are the different options for handling this?
- In 1.0.3 it was case insensitive. If there needs to be a functional justification to change this I (Matt) can take it to the KAI today and see what that group thinks.
- https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/MVNCENTRAL-81 - Rice is still relying on javax.servlet:jstl:1.2, but this is actually incorrectly deployed in Maven Central with a TLD of 1.1. KC swapped our local library for org.glassfish.web and solved some of our page load problems. KFS apparently did the same thing and haven't had any problems so far.
- What page load issues were encountered?
sendNotificationmethod in the KEN
SendNotificationServicewhich was added in 2.0.1 is defined incorrectly because of a cut-and-paste error on the
- We should "fix" this for 2.0.2
- But technically, in order to maintain compatibility between 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 we would need to leave this poorly named operation (findEntityDefaults) in place and create another method with the appropriate name.
- But this leaves a but of an awkward mess in the codebase and the service, is this a situation where we should consider breaking compatibility with this bad method name? Especially considering that KEN is not as widely used as other Rice modules and that this new method was added in a patch version (an upgrade from 2.0.1 to 2.0.2 should be a trivial drop-in)?
- JPA Approach for Rice 2.x
Making Person first name, last name, etc. lookup case insensitive
- performance implication, can't go through the DD since this needs to be externally referenced
- possibility would be a parameter to turn case sensitivity on/off
- some people have said if you put a wildcard in you can make it work
- first question, is it possible to put the system parameter in, and then is that possible within 2.0.2
- jeremy - this came up during some of the development during 2.0
- eric - do we need a parameter, or could we just flip it back to be case insensitive
- does anyone know if mysql supports function-based indexes yet?
- not sure
- are there other tactics?
- Chad - force uppercase or lowercase, but then you would lose the case of the name
- will move the jira back to 2.0.2, jeremy says should be a simple fix
- KC has been having some weird page loading issues
- switched to the glassfish version and that slowed down our problems but didn't fully solve it
- in the Rice pom, we still have jstl 1.2 from the java servlet library
- what kind of problems was KC getting:
- after m6, started noticing some of our page loads were incomplete
- essentially had partial page-loading issues
- enter a jira to get this fixed in Rice 2.0.2 - https://jira.kuali.org/browse/KULRICE-7262
The sendNotification method in the KEN SendNotificationService which was added in 2.0.1 is defined incorrectly because of a cut-and-paste error on the @WebMethod annotation
- no objections to breaking compatibility in this fashion
- KC 5 public release will be released with Rice 2.1
JPA Approach for Rice 2.x