Skip to end of metadata
Go to start of metadata

Agenda

This week's agenda:

  1. Rice 2.0.0 released!
  2. Work underway on Rice 2.0.1, 2.1, and 2.2 (concurrently)
  3. KULRICE-3307 - Prevent workflow from attempting to activate requests for null principals
  4. Work to continue on some KRMS work with KS
    • KULRICE-6805 - Determine how to optionally constrain proposition types allowed given an agenda type and/or rule type
    • KULRICE-6806 - Evaluate publishing KRMS BO Services vs Designing a new Aggregate Service
    • KULRICE-6807 - Modify KRMS ERD to include natural language
  5. Issues with single KIM responsibility template
  6. KULRICE-6849 - Use of kewNonTransactionalDataSource is a problematic implementation for Action List cache handling

Notes

Participants

  • Peter Giles
  • Jeremy Hanson
  • Jonathan Keller
  • Eric Westfall
  • Chitra Chandran
  • Chad Hagstrom
  • David Elyea

KULRICE-3307 - Prevent workflow from attempting to activate requests for null principals

  • Jonathan - we found out that the member id was non null, but we got the error
  • Eric - that is a situation where we would want to have an error right?
  • Jonathan - doc gets permanently stuck until you can change at the database level
  • Eric - worry about tossing out unknown group members
  • Separate issue here with the role/group doc where it's validating all of the attributes even on inactive records and stops the entire role doc from going through
    • compromise: add a configuration parameter that can be set that says ignore unknown principals
    • default to false
    • document it
  • Action Items: Eric updates KULRICE-3307 with information above, create a new jira which prevents KIM maintenance screens from running this level of validation against legacy membership or when invalidating membership

Work to continue on some KRMS work with KS

If anyone has any questions about the work going on here with KRMS, let Eric or Larry know.

Issues with single KIM responsibility template

  • Eric - there are problems here, as noted in the discussion thread
  • Chitra - for KC we are using the global responsibility template
    • when i looked at the workflow code that's using it, my suggestion is when we are filtering based on responsibility details, why not just use query directly against details?
    • query the responsibility table directly
    • Eric - problem with that is that document type is hierarchical
  • Jonathan - my suggestion was to query directly against the document type detail as well, but need to ensure we consider the document type hierarchy as part of this query
    • Eric - would it make sense to put document type as a column on the responsibility column
    • might be, but would be annoying to deal with from a compatibility perspective
  • Suggestion - query against document type name and node name
    • Chitra - in a few cases we look to see if a user is authenticated by route log
    • Eric - the simulation process should pass the proper node name so this should not be an issue when querying responsibility by node name
  • Action Item: Eric will enter a jira for this for the suggestion above and work with Rice team to determine priority

KULRICE-6849 - Use of kewNonTransactionalDataSource is a problematic implementation for Action List cache handling

  • Eric - I think this is going to be a problem requiring every embedded KEW application to maintain a separate connection pool for this
    • would like to figure out how to get rid of this requirement as well as getting rid of the need to use the KREW_USR_OPTN_T table for this at all
  • Chitra - we ran into it with our testing of embedded KEW for KC
  • Chad - we ran into it with some of our applications here
  • Suggested solution - remote use of RELOAD_ACTION_LIST user option, instead have action list do a query which returns the current action list count as well as the max action item id from the database. This can then be compared against the current known action list state in memory to determine if the action list needs to be reloaded
key summary assignee fixVersion priority status created updated

com.atlassian.sal.api.net.ResponseException: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: Received fatal alert: handshake_failure

View these issues in JIRA