- Lookup Definition: Fields added to the existing list of search results are added after the active indicator which should always be at the end of the list. Please change the logic to place active indicator at the bottom of the list if
- Inquiry Definition: Fields added to the existing list on an inquiry are placed in a new tab if
merge=trueis used. Change the logic to place the additional fields in the same tab as the original list of fields by default, but make sure to place the active indicator at the bottom of the list.
The UC Davis KFS team developed a solution which allows client developers to add institutional fields to Inquiry Definitions and Lookup Definitions and place those fields before, after, or in between out-of-the-box fields (the box being KFS, KC, or other Rice client applications). See comments by Jonathan in KULRICE-4513
Implementation in Rice 1.0.3
- Create Bean Override: Used to perform overrides on the content of a Data Dictionary bean.
- Create Field Override: Used to override properties in a Data Dictionary bean.
- Declare beans as Data Dictionary Base Types
- Add a
- Modify KNS Configurer to call
performOverrides()after the Data Dictionary has been loaded and validated.
Implementation in Travel Application 1.0.3
- We want to add a field called First Name to Fiscal Officer.
- We want this First Name rendered between ID and User Name in the lookup, result and inquiry screens.
- Modify the class descriptor of
- Add support in
- Create a Data Dictionary entry for First Name (in general, any additional entries to existing ones). This is where we use
FieldOverrideto place First Name where we want.
- Declare the new Data Dictionary entries in the Module Configuration. This will be injected into the Travel application's Module Configurer.
Without Bean Overrides
Lookup and Results
Bean Overrides at Work
Lookup and Results