The Kuali Rice Collaboration group is open to implementers, contributors, and anyone who is interested in implementing Kuali Rice in support of implementations of Kuali applications (KFS, KC, KS, etc) and for developing custom applications that leverage Kuali Rice.
This group meets regularly by teleconference as a venue for community engagement related to Kuali Rice efforts.
Below you can find resources for joining the community mailing list and this wiki. Additionally, you can find the agendas of past and upcoming collaboration group meetings.
You will need to create a KIS account before you can join the mailing list, so that you can receive collaboration group emails, post comments, and add attachments.
- Instructions for how to get a KIS account:
- Go to kuali.org/kis and click on the "create account" link at the top of the page.
- Fill out the requested information and then click submit.
- After filling in all of the pages of information, you will be asked to check the email inbox for the account used to create your KIS account. In this email will be a link to create your password for Kuali. This password will work for all systems in Kuali, so make it one you will remember.
- Follow the directions for creating your Kuali password.
- At this point, it will ask you to log out.
- Instructions for adding yourself to the Rice collaboration emailing list:
- Log into KIS (see the login at the top)
- Click the "Collab Support" link on the left
- Click the "Kuali Rice - Technical Collaboration" link
- Click the green "Add self to group" button
- For those new to Kuali Rice, you can "Test Drive" the Kuali Rice sample applications and see what Rice can do for you!
If you also want to be able to log bugs against Kuali project code, you will also need to get a Jira and Confluence account (this can be done at any time later). See instructions at Getting Started with Kuali.
If you'd like to contribute code to the Kuali community, see Kuali Contributions Home page.
Learning and Troubleshooting
- Project Web Site
- Official Documentation
- General Questions - Please check the email archives first before posting a question.
- Logged Bugs & Enhancements
- Upgrade Troubleshooting
- Rapid Application Development - Rice 2.2 KRAD
- Kuali Rice Performance
- Getting started with Rice
- Identify Management
- Workflow creation and management
- KNS to KRAD Migration
- Send an email to the collaboration group, asking for input. Provide a reasonable deadline, e.g. "please get back to me by Friday at 2 if you have any insight on this issue". (* See note below if you are beta testing the 2.0 version of Rice!)
- If you receive a response that helps to answer your question or resolve the issue and it is something that should be updated in the documentation, or if you do not obtain resolution to your issue via the collaboration list, enter a https://test.kuali.org/jira/browse/KULRICE and reply to your collaboration list inquiry with a link to the issue.
- The Rice Team will...
- Create an issue in the appropriate internal queue, so that the team can evaluate and schedule the work
- Set the fix version appropriately on Jira issue, once the work has been scheduled for a release
- Resolve the Jira issue when the fix is completed, and close it when the version is released
- August 13, 2012 (Upcoming Rice Collaboration Meeting)
- June 11, 2012 - (CANCELLED)
- April 9, 2012 - Rice Collaboration Meeting
- February 13, 2012 - Rice Collaboration meeting
- December 12, 2011 - Rice Collaboration Meeting
- October 10, 2011 - Rice Collaboration Meeting
- August 8, 2011 - Rice Collaboration Meeting
- June 13, 2011 - Rice Collaboration Meeting
- April 11, 2011 - Rice Collaboration Meeting
- February 14, 2011 - Collaboration Meeting
- December 13th 2010 - Collaboration Meeting
- September 13th 2010 - Collaboration Meeting
- May 10th 2010 - Collaboration Meeting
- April 12th 2010 - Collaboration Meeting
- March 8th 2010 - Collaboration Meeting
- February 8th 2010 - Collaboration Meeting
- December 7th, 2009 - Collaboration Meeting
The larger group can follow the work of these groups via the Wiki and the groups can reports back any interesting findings to the larger group.
- Federating Identity in Kuali Collaboration WG — What are the issues involved around federating identity in Kuali Rice/Kuali Apps?
- Rapid Application Development - Rice 2.2 KRAD - Collaboration Opportunities
The Kuali Foundation Contribution Model is evolving and each project is piloting the model to see how it works for them. Visit the Kuali Sharing space for information on contributing tangible items like code, documentation, features, or bug fixes. Contact us if you have any questions or would like to contribute developer time or other resources.