Date and Time: April 11, 3-4 pm Eastern Time
Conference Dial-in Number: (218) 844-0850
Participant Access Code: 429965#
Facilitator: Jessica Coltrin
- Roll-call - Jessica
- Rice 1.1 is now 2.0, reasons behind the version number change - Jessica
- Update on Rice 22.214.171.124 - Jessica
- Update on Rice 2.0- - Jessica
- Early Access/Beta Test for Rice 2.0 - Jessica
- Proposal to meet every 2 months instead of once a month - Jessica
- Questions? - Eric, Jeremy, Jessica
5. Beta Test
Draft announcement to mailing list & get interest from those participating.
Mailing list to communicate, ability to report issues - communication channel.
6. Proposal to meet every 2 months instead of once a month
Everyone on the call was ok with moving to every 2 months.
- USC - Will KFS 4.0 be compatible with Rice 4.0?
- No, KFS will need to upgrade to 2.0, but every Rice 2.x release will be compatible with the KFS version that uses 2.x.
- USC: Dev mode vs. batch mode - how different in batch mode?
- Dev mode keeps it local. Can publish or consume services.
- Batch mode makes to invisible to the bus in regards with services. Can consume, but don't publish services.
- USC: Can several app developers use a central Rice standalone server?
- yes, turn off dev mode
- make sure all services are not published on localhost (default), standalone server will not know how to get back
- publish all services with a standard IP
- USC is trying this & debugging isn't working
- IU will run locally & point at central Rice db, makes debugging easier
- KFS can run bundled and work this way as well
- not really a great solution for this right now, architecture doesn't support it, workarounds
- Bundled mode causes issues that are fixed on dev machine, but not in test or prod environment
- Eric has task with TRC to document issues with KSB & this will be on the list
- USC: Shutdown KFS client, Rice standalone server is running, KIM derived roles are trying to trigger, causing errors
- Some work done by Jeremy on group screen in the past to address this
- IU runs into same issues
- idea to monitor & log a message, try/catch around areas with remote calls
- Eric suggested filing a Rice Jira with stack trace in KULRICE queue
- UC-Irvine: Problems with Students having Rice accounts? How does FERPA come into play?
- IU does have students in there doing drop/add etc.
- IU IT Security Team created a "white list" of Rice URLs that students are allowed to use, implemented filter
- Could have used KIM, but used existing functionality to check if a student or not
- Email suppression, name suppression etc. for FERPA - masking settings is built into Entity
- Roadmap item for FERPA/FIPPA just was lowered in priority
- How does a reviewer of a doc know who reviewing if this is masked?
- emplid - reviewer can look up name as needed
- Are all employees allowed to view anything?
- FERPA restrictions apply to everyone at IU
- Can see info if you have a business need to see it, no strong definition of business need
1. Jeremy Hanson - ISU
2. Curtis Bray - UC-Davis
3. Saurabh Ajmera - USC
4. Matthew Aynalem - USC
5. John Purnell - UC-Merced
6. Waren Liang - UC-Irvine
7. Eric Westfall - IU
8. Jessica Coltin - University of Arizona