The following are the steps to run KC version 5.0 and upwards in embedded mode.
Database related changes
- Create the client database KCDEV with the same permissions as you would set up a bundled database.
- Create the Rice server database KRDEV with the same permissions as you would set up a bundled database.
- Either update our ant build script or use your own build script to populate these two databases with the client and server data.
- Copy the contents of the folder userhome/kuali/main/dev over to the location of your current kc-config file.
- Rename the kc-config.xml.embedded.developer.template file to kc-config.xml and modify the Rice server DB and the KC Client DB connection details in it.
- Rename the rice-config.xml.embedded.developer.template file to rice-config.xml and modify the db connection details in it.
- Following are examples of valid KC and Rice config files
- Run the following command to empty the KRSB SVC DSCRPTR tables
- For KC 5.2
Jetty 8 Rice embedded
Jetty 8 KC embedded
- For KC < 5.2 Start the application in the following order.
- Jetty 7 Rice-CopyWAR
- Jetty 7 Rice embedded
- Jetty 7 KC embedded